Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sick with Salmonella

My sweet, precious, baby girl has salmonella! It has been a really tough week for us. Sunday morning Braelle went from crawling around on the floor, to barely moving at all with a high fever. Sunday night was even worse when her temp struck 104.5 degrees! I was sick about how pitiful she looked and felt. Such a small person should never have to go through any kind of sickness.

Some of the symptoms for salmonella include: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, chills, headache, and blood in the stool. All of which she had. The girl felt HORRIBLE!

Mom and I took Braelle to the doctor on Monday who instructed us to take a sample of her feces to the hospital. We did that right away and just now got the test results back. (thursday) Well some of the test results anyway...more to come! Hopefullly, salmonella is the only infection she has!


I moved my mattress into Braelle's room so I could monitor her throughout the night. = no sleep. I told her we were having a sleepover and that we were going to tell secrets!

By Wednesday, she started to feel better...but not 100%. And when I took the camera out, she knew what to do! :) Ellie the Elephant has brought so much comfort to Braelle this week. Thanks Noelle!

Funny/gross story: Braelle suddenly decided last night when I was eating chicken pot pie that she was ravishingly hungry. She's been just drinking breastmilk which has been perfect for her. I thank God for breastmilk all the time because without it, she would have been in the hospital for being dehydrated. Anyways... I picked out the carrots and peas and gave them to Braelle. 3 hours later...out they came the other end...EXACTLY like they went in! Apparently she didn't even chew them up because if you wouldn't of known better, you would have throught someone had put carrots and peas from the pie straight into her diaper. I'm still amazed as to how they were perfectly shaped and colored. hahaha gross but funny!

Throughout Braelle's sickness, I have been so upset about it. It's broken my heart to watch her in so much pain and agony. But then I think about other kids who are going through so much worse. A couple at my church have a son that was recently diagnosed with T Cell Leukemia. Please pray for Luke Shamblin. Throughout Luke's journey, I have learned to thank God for LIFE! And to be thankful for everything. No matter what you are going through and no matter what kind of sickness you have, praise God that you are alive...because it could always be worse. Thank you for those who have been praying for Braelle's recovery and remember to add Luke Shamblin and his family to your prayer list!

 "Let us also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment