Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day & Baby Dedication

Mother's Day was extra special this year. I mean I celebrated last year while Braelle was in my tummy, but this year I got to hold her in my arms and feel her love towards me. I love being a mommy and am so blessed to have Braelle.

Baby Dedication was on Mother's Day which made this day even better. As I stood before the Lord and His people, I vowed to raise B to know Jesus and follow hard after Him. Deuteronomy 30:19b-20a "...I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life..."

My mom and my sister play a big role in helping me raise Braelle and I 'm glad they were there to stand in front of the church with me and Braelle. After all, it does take a village to raise a child.
As for her behavior, she was a doll (surprisingly). During dedication she charmed the congregation with her dimpled smiles and squeals of delight! And she SLEPT during the rest of the service. This is amazing because we all know how very sensitive B's ears are.

No comments:

Post a Comment