Monday, November 14, 2011

Exploring Parks

Lately Braelle, my mom, and I have been going to a different park about 2 times a week. We've been taking notes about which parks are age appropriate for Braelle and which ones will be good for her when she gets older. Right now, all Braelle really needs in a park, is a huge open field with nothing but grass. haha She just likes to do her own exploring and wondering around. And I like to just let her be free!

You've already seen pictures from the Waterfront Park in Mount Pleasant. (We love that one for all ages!) To refresh your memory, that is the one under the bridge. P.S. Did the one downtown and the one in Mt. Pleasant really have to name their parks the same name?!


Ashton and I took Braelle to the playground at Wannamaker Park. So far, this is my least favorite. Braelle struggled with walking in the gravel, I struggled with keeping the gravel out of her mouth, and we all struggled with maneuvering yellow jackets. The green open fields and water fountain should be a hit in the Summer though!

Notice how much fun she's having...haha

Next, my mom and I took Braelle to Noisette Park, located at the old Navy base. This is one of my favorites! Huge open fields, playground, water fountain to play in, on the River, swings, ect. This park is great for all ages.


Shem Creek Park, located on Shem Creek obviously, was a park great for a date night or long walks on the creek. There was no playground. It consisted of a long board walk, but we still loved it. After all, Braelle doesn't care anything about a playground, she just wants to walk. Our only struggle was getting her to go in the right direction.

Notice the bridge in the background!

We'll be headed to Waterfront Park Downtown soon! Please comment if there are some more parks we need to explore!!

1 comment:

  1. makes me wish i still lived in chucktown!! so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete